Friday, August 8, 2008
the bell jar
So I'm reading The Bell Jar, yet again...It gets better and better each time I read it. I think Plath's strange sarcasm and humor only appeals to some people, and I'm one of them. I want to quote the whole book sometimes. There's a part in the book after her stay at the Amazon in New York, where she returns to suburbia to live with her dreaded mom (she doesn't seem so fond of her mom) the whole time, since she didn't make it into a writing course. It's right before her senior year of college, and then the shit hits the fan. If you don't get it, just read the book. It's freakin' amazing. Anyway, I met w/my PhD mentor/advisor today. I was looking at the tentative schedule of my life in classes for the next three years. The summers are empty. What the schmegg am I gonna do? A 28-year old (28 next summer) doesn't go home to the parents to live at their house, plus we all know how much fun that would be ha. *Hopefully* there's some research or some classes I can take or teach...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
shannnoooooon. sup homegirl? prague sends it's love! ha. the food here is gross...yes. disgusting, actually. but i have been living off of peanuts, pretzels, coca lite, and occassional subway. haha.
you should see it here, though. it's b.e.a.utiful!! hope you are doing fantastically!
Summers off? That sounds fantastic! Tanning, swimming, tennis, sleeping late... I'm sure you'll have plenty of research to do!
Post a Comment