"Body in a Box" by City and Colour
There's a funeral procession on the highway, Traffic screeches to a halt. There's people searching for a better way, To live their lives. Johnny lived a good life, you'll hear them say As tears of sadness soak the ground. The reaper crept in, took his breath away, In the middle of the night.
Yesterday evening, I called my friend Christelle to chat, catch up, see about visiting on winter break. No answer, but then her boyfriend phoned me back to tell me she had passed away from a brain hemorrhage due to a brain aneurysm at Baylor, after fainting while working out.
Wow, what morbid news on a Wednesday night. This girl was the most healthy person I ever knew - worked out 6X/week, only ate vegetables and fruit, whole grains, lean meats, and rarely touched "junk food" and never drank alcohol. She was so personable and friendly, and always had hilarious things to say about her perception of life in America (after living in France for 29 yrs). Christelle always ended her emails with "big hug" and she was the type of person who really meant it...I know we'll all miss her.

1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear that! Are you okay?
Post a Comment